Day 3: Trail Magic, Trail Name

Started at Gooch Gap shelter, 9am, hit Lance Creek at 3:45, about 8 miles. 7.3 to Neel’s Gap tomorrow. No shelter here just tent pads and water, but it’s bright and sunny and good weather predicted the next few days.

Country Mouse and Shadow are here too. Shadow and I bonded over the Bull and Mouth bar in Riverside, CA of all things. It’s nit there any more though.

Carol and Gail set up a trail magic table at Woody Gap with sandwiches, fruit, Gatorade, etc. Carol thru’ed last year at 65 years old! My first ever pimento cheese sandwich was fantastic and so welcome.

That’s Carol, aka Lil’ Engine, on the left.

While sitting around at Woody, people were just calling me California. Seems like that might stick as a trail name, haven’t yet seen anyone else from California, so it works.

Had some great views today too, here’s one from whatever mountain is just past Woody Gap.

Location:Georgia 60,Three Sisters Mountains,United States

24 Comments »

1. Kristi and Eric Said,

March 17, 2011 @ 11:29 am

Hey Joe,
    Thanks for the great updates! Sounds like a fantastic first few days! I like ‘California’ too – sounds like it may stick!

We’re back here in CA prepping for snow camp. Remember when I said it was going to be cold? Well . . . Tomorrow night (our first night out), they’re predicting a low of 2 (no, that’s not a typo) and w/ wind chill maybe down to -22! Holy cow. So if you get a little cold out there this weekend just think of us – and where you could be!

Enjoy the trail – looking forward to your next posts!
    Eric and Kristi

2. cinders Said,

March 17, 2011 @ 3:01 pm

Lovely view I must say. Glad ur having fun,and good weather

3. Beginning of a Great Adventure « Lnor’s Verbal Spew Said,

October 7, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

[…] when my California, nee Ogre, was hiking he met up with these two and they became friends, then I flew out there and […]

4. ericcal Said,

October 30, 2018 @ 4:17 am

Hi guys, I am Eric a professional in academic writing.

I love solving people’s problems and make them happy. That is what I have been doing for decades now.
    I have been writing since I was 12 years old and never knew it would turn out to be a full-time career. I have also been able to manage several assignments that involves writing. And I worked in three organizations as a volunteer to assist people.My passion has always been to help people succeed. And I go the extra mile to make that happen.
    I enjoy writing academic papers and have helped people from countries like UK.
    I work with a company whose mission is to provide quality writing and make people happy. In fact, many clients come to me for help on a daily basis because they know I always deliver. And I will continue to provide nothing but quality to build trust like I have been doing for the past few years.

Expert writer – Eric Caldwell – Rinascita Confederation

5. noahwilk Said,

February 11, 2019 @ 4:08 am

Welcome to my blog ,
    I’m Noah.
    If you’ve ever been too busy and couldn’t finish a research assignment , then you’ve come to the right place. I assist students in all areas of the writing process . I can also write the assignment from start to finish.
    My career as a scholarly writer started during high school. After learning that I was very skilled in the field of academic writing, I decided to take it up as a career .

Talented Academic Writer- Noah- Funnyhomework Corp

6. victoriapatton Said,

March 18, 2019 @ 5:06 am

Hello, I am Victoria Patton a professional in content writing.

I love solving people’s problems and make them happy. That is what I have been doing for many years now.
    I have been writing since I was 12 years old and never knew it would turn out to be a full-time career. I have also been able to handle several assignments that involves writing. And I worked in three organizations as a volunteer to assist people.My passion has always been to help people succeed. And I go the extra mile to make that happen.
    I enjoy writing academic papers and have helped people from countries like USA.
    I work with a service provider whose mission is to provide quality papers and make people happy. In fact, many students come to me for help on a daily basis because they know I always deliver. And I will continue to provide nothing but the best to build trust like I have been doing for the past few years.

Expert academic writer – Victoria Patton – A2zcareers Team

???????,??????????! .

15. KitchenAiddbt Said,

March 29, 2019 @ 4:39 am

???????,??????????! .

16. Taghusod Said,

April 15, 2019 @ 3:55 am

Hello, i recommend super site to all coupons for natural choice dog food, there you will find a lot of printable coupons for a variety of goods and services

17. Professionaltqt Said,

May 3, 2019 @ 12:15 pm

удалите,пожалуйста! .

18. Sanderxdc Said,

May 14, 2019 @ 1:45 am

удалите,пожалуйста! .

19. shylabark Said,

May 20, 2019 @ 9:52 am

Hello, it’s Shyla Barker here!
    I work as an academic writer and have created this content with the intent of changing your life for the better. I started honing my writing talent in college. I learned that my fellow students needed writing help—and they were willing to pay for it. The money was enough to help pay my tuition for my remaining semesters of college.
    Ever since high school, I have continued to work as a professional writer. I was hired by a writing company based in the United Kingdom. Since then, the essays that I have created have been sold around Europe and the United States.
    In my line of work, I have become familiar with hearing, “Shyla, can you help me meet my writing assignment deadline?” I know that I can save their time.

Academic Writer – Shyla Barker – Paperhaberdasher Corps

20. shylabark Said,

May 22, 2019 @ 8:57 am

Hello All
    Thanks for checking out my writing blog . My name is Shyla.
    I have worked several years in this niche. My interest in writing started at a young age. I wrote short stories as a child and eventually went on to work with my school newspaper.
    This early tryst into journalism eventually led me to academic writing. There is plenty of work for professional writers. I specialize in dissertations , but have the skills to do all types of academic writing.
    Email me for more information about rates and a price quote. I’m looking forward to helping you.

Academic Writer – Shyla – Paperhaberdasher Confederation

21. Poliakova#Galina[Rterovzseboqereo,2,5] Said,

July 8, 2019 @ 5:05 am

Приумножить накопления с помощью финансового спортивного аналитического бюро прогнозов на футбол

Инсайдерская информация. Прогнозы на спорт Подробности по ссылке…

22. lynseyvel Said,

July 22, 2019 @ 6:22 am

Hello everyone , I’m Lynsey Velasquez.
    Welcome to my homepage . I started writing in middle school after a creative writing assignment for my English teacher. I did creative writing for almost a year before I thought about doing something else.
    I had always loved doing non-fiction writing because I’m passionate about learning. When you combine writing ability with a love of learning, academic writing only makes sense as a job.
    I’m passionate about aiding the students of the future in their school career. When they don’t have time for their paper , I am there to help.

Lynsey – Writing Expert – Iseet-Papers Corp

23. Superchipsiuc Said,

July 24, 2019 @ 5:22 am

удалите,пожалуйста! .

24. jenniek Said,

August 2, 2019 @ 4:45 am

I’m an expert writer who loves to bring smiles to people’s face.

Writing is what I do for a living and I am so passionate about this. I have worked with several associations whose mission is to help people solve writing problems.
    I love traveling and have visited several places in the past few years.
    I’m happy to have written several books that have contributed positively to the lives of many. My books are available in several parts of the world. And I’m currently working with companies that help people save energy. Being a part of this team has open more opportunities for me to excel as a writer. I have worked with different people and met many clients as a writer.
    I can handle any kind of writing and provide nothing but the best. People come to me all the time to ask if I can solve their writing problems and I accept. I find pleasure in assisting them to solve their problems as a writer.

Academic Writer – Lynsey Velasquez – http://book512.com/ – Book512 Band